sp4 update for XP professional sp3

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by jago45, Dec 22, 2012.

1. jago45

jago45

I thought that there is no sp4 for XP. Then I went directly to Microsoft at Home Set up and maintenance > High-priority updates > Microsoft SQL Server 2005

Microsoft at Home Set up and maintenance is:
    It displays the message:

"Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 4 (KB2463332)
    Download size: 0 KB , 0 minutes (Downloaded; ready to install)
    This service pack upgrades all Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition instances and components to Service Pack 4 (SP4). If you need additional installation options, you should download this service pack at the Microsoft Download Center. For more information, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 2463332. Details..."

At
    (Review Update History) I get the message:

Error Code: 0xD59
    Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following resources.

For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions
    Windows Update Newsgroup

For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for issues related to getting updates

I can only suspect that there's some malware that redirects me to

Is this version of XP (before the "Service Pack 4" part) "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 4 (KB2463332)" different than the standard professional edition of XP?

I'm running "Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3" (That's directly from the Control Panel), which came installed with the HP/Compaq desktop tower when I bought it. The SP3 and updates were added by Microsoft over the years. To confuse the issue further, one window gave the versions of Windows it's for, and this included XP, then a message said incompatible with my version of XP. Apparently it was downloaded automatically but maybe my antimalware prevented it from being installed or there's some inconsistency in what Microsoft says.

I think I should turn off automatic updates (should be able to find that) and go directly to the Microsoft site periodically. But if there's some malware that redirects you at that site, that's no help.

jago45, Dec 22, 2012
  2. jago45

Elizabeth23

Go to Microsoft updates, run the scan and when this update comes up click on the plus sign and at the bottom of the description of the update you will see a checkbox to hide this update.

There is no service pack 4 for xp pro.

that sp4 is for sql server,, so unless you have a server, you do not need this.

Elizabeth23, Dec 22, 2012
  3. jago45

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Feb 17, 2016
Ask a Question