SoundMAX HD Audio drivers not working on XPx64

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by bobsmith, Jun 26, 2022.

1. bobsmith

bobsmith

I have tried numerous drivers from SDI and Lenovo themselves (I am on a T61 laptop) yet I cannot find a working 64-bit driver for this sound card, it's possible that other manufacturers have working drivers locked into being installed only on their devices, but can anyone help me with this?

bobsmith, Jun 26, 2022
  2. bobsmith

TMTGTR

3. bobsmith

Elizabeth23

are you sure that the sound card is not damaged?

Elizabeth23, Jun 27, 2022
  4. bobsmith

tekkaman

Driverpack works really well. You have to install net 3.5 I think to run it though.

tekkaman, Jun 27, 2022
  5. bobsmith

TMTGTR

With creative navigating, you can manually get the files in .zip

TMTGTR, Jun 27, 2022
  6. bobsmith

betamani

betamani, Jun 30, 2022
  7. bobsmith

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Jun 30, 2022
  8. bobsmith

ClippyBeer

I tested Driver Pack on an XP machine last year and agree that unless you navigate to advanced options it will install various third party apps without your consent. It took 90 minutes to install a sound driver (Conexant HD 220 audio) that in the end didn't work. It's slow and bloated and fails to inform you of the extra junk it will install. I consider this software malware due the deceptive nature and tha fact that it took 90 minutes to accomplish the same task that took SnappyDriver 10 minutes. The fact that Driver Pack took so long leads me to believe that it is doing something else in the background (CPU kept spiking to 100%), possibly using your PC for crypto-mining.

SnappyDriver is open source and portable.

https://sdi-tool.org/

The executable is small (5 MB) and requires an internet connection to download the correct drivers. Don't have an internet connection? They have an offline installer (25 GB) . It's huge but has ALL the drivers in one package in case the PC you're trying to find drivers for can't get on the internet. I used Snappy on the same Gateway laptop that Driver Pack failed on to install the sound driver. Snappy gave me a list of Conexant HD 220 audio drivers to install. The first recommended driver didn't work but the second one did.

Basically if Snappy can't find the drivers don't waste your time with all the other ones that claim to use magic powers to find drivers that never existed for your hardware. The internet is full of scammers that use shiny websites to lure unsuspecting users.

ClippyBeer, Jun 30, 2022
    Elizabeth23 likes this.
  9. bobsmith

betamani

Reinstalling a drivers may fix this issue?

betamani, Jul 7, 2022
Ask a Question