Software suggestions for burning DVDs?

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by trimis, Feb 13, 2018.

1. trimis

trimis

I am getting more into watching TV shows and movies on the various Internet-TV freesites (Youtube, putlocker.fm, etc.), so I want to start downloading and burning some onto DVDs. I think I need:
    1. Downloader~ I have Eagleget. Is that good enough?
    2. Video converter~ I guess something to convert FLV and H264 into DVD format (AVI)?
    3. DVD burning app~I have DVDFlick and Imgburn. Will those do?
    Any suggestions for the video converter, or anything else required? Thanks.

trimis, Feb 13, 2018
    cmccaff1 likes this.
  2. trimis

j896

I use Internet Download Manager works very well. Then i burn them with convert x to dvd. I never try the programs you use so maybe someone else will chime in also,,

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    j896, Feb 14, 2018
    trimis likes this.
  3. trimis

trimis

I have been looking at ConvertXtoDVD, but $45 is a bit pricey, so I wanted to make sure there is no freebie that will do as good. I assume you use IDM to download the FLV or H.264 video to hard drive, the ConvertXtiDVD then converts it to DVD compatible form, and also has DVD burner component as well to make the DVD?

trimis, Feb 15, 2018
  4. trimis

cornemuse

I've never had a problem with Imgburn, , ,
    I have used Nero (the one that used to come with new hdds), had to reset the fields every time I used it.

cornemuse, Feb 15, 2018
  5. trimis

j896

Yes ConvertxtoDVD will covert it then burn it also. Let me ask some of my friends what they use that dont cost so much or is free to use..

j896, Feb 15, 2018
    cmccaff1 likes this.
  6. trimis

cmccaff1

Imgburn is easily the most reliable CD/DVD burning software I've ever used. A major plus is that it will work on any Windows version all the way down to Win95. Other DVD-related programs I have found quite helpful/useful in the past are DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0, DVD Shrink 3.2, and Vidomi .469 (all of which work perfectly on XP and will also work on Win98).

cmccaff1, Sep 16, 2018
  7. trimis

EdT

I would suggest you get an inexpensive(-$30usd) media player for Android and just copy/download your file onto a USB drive. No need to buy DVD disks anymore, no time consuming encoding before creating an ISO file to burn onto a DVD disk. I have not touched my Blu-Ray/DVD player since 2013.

EdT, Oct 6, 2018
    cmccaff1 likes this.
  8. trimis

cmccaff1

That's definitely a cost-effective option! An even cheaper one is just watching the files via VLC Media Player or PotPlayer on your XP PC--then you're not spending any $ whatsoever! VLC/PotPlayer have less overhead than Internet browser-based HTML5 players, and it's more convenient to access the files from a flash drive or the hard drive compared to firing up your browser, especially when the Internet goes down (which it does from time to time).

cmccaff1, Oct 7, 2018
Ask a Question