So something I’m wanting to get. A wireless mouse that works like a modern mouse but screams 2003

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by DK59, Dec 28, 2018.

1. DK59

DK59

By works like a modern mouse I mean usb, uses a laser and not a ball to detect movement, and preferably has a thin design. All this in a 2003~ case.

DK59, Dec 28, 2018
  2. DK59

Elizabeth23

I use a wired mouse that I got from staples for 6 dollars, no ball, BUT, realize that not all mouses' will work with xp, some will work with the os but not safe mode or the bios, depends on when the generic usb ports are recognized in post.

but to get back on topic, they also had wireless mice, :) I do not have wireless so I have never tried a wireless mouse, but I am sure someone here will be able to give you a definitive answer.

Elizabeth23, Dec 28, 2018
  3. DK59

cornemuse

Ive used a few wireless laser mice & never had issues with them (MS Targus Dell HP etc)

For many years Ive been using a logitech trackball. While it has a ball, it has the sensor underneath. I'm on my fifth one. If only they made it wireless & kept the same shape. I have yet to find any wireless track ball/marble mouse style that feels as comfortable in under my hand.

cornemuse, Dec 28, 2018
  4. DK59

vmbox

Maybe try the classic Intellimouse made my Microsoft! it doesn't have the trackball thing but its based on a mouse released around 2003. But just a 2018 remake.

vmbox, Dec 29, 2018
  5. DK59

vmbox

vmbox, Dec 29, 2018
  6. DK59

cornemuse

vmbox,

A: as you said, intellimouse isnt a trackball type
    B: is righthanded only <-not very comfortable anyway (for me)

cornemuse, Dec 30, 2018
  7. DK59

Lockherup

I've never had a problem with a mouse under xp and I used everything from bluetooth to RF to USB. I would suggest a name brand like IBM or Dell, I don't like their pc stuff but their mice have always been the best for cost ratio, the cheaper chinese mice jitter and the lasers die fast. I don't find logitech worth it unless you find it a the thrift store. all mice should plug and play under xp.

Lockherup, Jan 5, 2019
Ask a Question