So I have a program that was both msi and from a network server.

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by DK59, Apr 30, 2019.

1. DK59

DK59

Obviously the program was never in the computer, unless I messed that part up somehow, and I can’t for the life of me find it online as it’s name is just Turing Game, real individual guys, and if I try uninstalling through windows it asks for setup file that doesn’t exist and it’ll remove it from the program list until I open it back again.

DK59, Apr 30, 2019
  2. DK59

Elizabeth23

http://www.angelfire.com/al/bromike/games.html

see above if it helps, to remove from pc without setup file, search through pc and registry for Turing Games/ TuringGames, keep note of any files that might be under a different component of turing games so you can remove those also, once it is out of the registry, it shouldn't pop up anywhere else on your pc.

Elizabeth23, Apr 30, 2019
  3. DK59

DK59

I got it out but now I gotta find 5 other dead programs that don’t want to be removed

Is there any way to get rid of everything that was the previous owners data except for installed programs? They had several programs that I’m inclined to keep, mostly Adobe 7, photoshop from 2004, and Microsoft works. Do I just make a new user account and delete the old one or is there

DK59, May 1, 2019
  4. DK59

Elizabeth23

if you delete the old file, after making a new one, you are given the option to delete the files or save the files, but it would be better to remove the programs you do not want and if add/remove will not work or revo uninstaller, then you will have to manually remove them from the registry.

it is always best to wipe a hard drive when you receive a used one, this gives you a clean slate to work with.

Elizabeth23, May 2, 2019
Ask a Question