So I’m trying to copy a ide hard drive to an ssd but this computer doesn’t have usb or cd

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by DK59, Aug 29, 2019.

1. DK59

DK59

I have one ide to usb connector and Im looking for a program that creates a image file so I can put it on the new ssd.

I also have a sata to usb and used easeUS to copy it to sata hard drive then back to the ide ssd but it doesn’t seem to have worked.

I heard about clonezilla but I don’t seem to get how it works

DK59, Aug 29, 2019
  2. DK59

DK59

I’m an idiot I just used a hard drive image maker on windows 10 then copied it over a new hard drive. Forgot the program name but I’ll post again when I go home

DK59, Sep 8, 2019
  3. DK59

DK59

DataNumen Disk Image

DK59, Sep 9, 2019
  4. DK59

Sixthofmay

I use an Acronis True Image 2014 USB stick for stuff like this. PC you do the imaging on doesn't need an OS drive either, just a drive to store the image file. I typically use a USB3.0 external to store the image. Cloning drive to drive I've not any success with. The bonus of having an image file is you can save that somewhere in case you should need it again in the future.

Sixthofmay, Oct 3, 2019
Ask a Question