So glad to see XP! Trouble installing an msi

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by jackdashck, Apr 21, 2015.

1. jackdashck

jackdashck

I have an 8.1 pc but I also have 3 good running XP's I still like. I have downloaded a Google Chrome extension, Chrome Remote Desktop on all but 1. They all work on each other and even work on those pc's of friends off a distance.

One this one XP, an Acer Netbook I cannot get the chromeremotedesktophost.msi to install no matter what I do. It has installed on other XP's just fine. I get the

There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

Yeah, I'm home. Like I am the support person! :) Other msi files have installed. I have gone into services and made sure every service that starts with "remote" is running. I've installed Group Editor but not sure what to do there. I have tried all sorts of fixes but they "don't". Do you have any suggestions for which I will be greatly appreciative. Thanks, Jack ":-Dx

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    jackdashck, Apr 21, 2015
  2. jackdashck

Elizabeth23

is the windows installer on the acer 4.5 version??

type msiexec.exe and it will tell you your version of installer.

Elizabeth23, Apr 22, 2015
Ask a Question