Smart card logon to Routing and remote access server not working

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by Georgeajha, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Georgeajha

Georgeajha

I am using EIDVirtual smart card to log on to logon to a windows server 2008 domain with routing and remote access installed and it works fine but i can connect to the vpn with a username and password but not with a smart card, instead i get this errors r

Attached Files:

Georgeajha, Mar 14, 2020
  2. Georgeajha

Mr Siamese Cat

Not sure, but since you can log into work with a username and password or as you put it get to the Logon Point. It is surely the certificate that needs updating on your EIDVirtual smart card. Your work network administrator has to be your first port of call?

I am guessing you might be using this set up?

Mr Siamese Cat, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Georgeajha

Georgeajha

Yes, that is exactly what i have set up

Georgeajha, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Georgeajha

Georgeajha

As i said I can logon using a smart card to Windows but not the VPN

Georgeajha, Mar 15, 2020
  5. Georgeajha

Mr Siamese Cat

The system administrator of your company may need to issue you a new password. I suggest you ring the company. They will want your work and will be happy to help you log in. I have only worked for one company that used Server 2008 and I remember the security protocol was that passwords had to be changed every 28 days which I found annoying. In the end you are on the payroll you have security clearance they will help you. Or not, as the case may be.

Mr Siamese Cat, Mar 15, 2020
Ask a Question