Server Move

Discussion in 'Announcements, Suggestions and Feedback' started by Ian, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Ian

Ian Administrator

At some point in the next week (between 5th-12th April), we'll be moving the Windows XP Forums from the current server to a nice shiny new one :D.

It should be a little bit faster, but the main reason for the move is to make sure that we're able to keep current with PHP/MySQL releases that run the forum software.

The move should be relatively painless, with perhaps ~30 mins or so when I'll need to "freeze" the site so that no content is lost during the move. Once that is done, it will take some time for DNS servers to catch up with the new server location... however I will do my best to make sure that the old server can share the new database so this isn't a problem.

Once I know a little more about when the move will take place, I'll post more here. I'm going to try and wait for a quiet time when not many people are online and then pounce :).

Ian, Apr 4, 2013
  2. Ian

Elizabeth23

okey dokey. :)

Elizabeth23, Apr 4, 2013
  3. Ian

Ian Administrator

It was pretty quiet this morning, so I've made the switch already :).

Ian, Apr 5, 2013
  4. Ian

Elizabeth23

great.

Elizabeth23, Apr 5, 2013
  5. Ian

metastasis69

Great. My account is still active even if I'm not using it for a while.

metastasis69, Sep 4, 2015
  6. Ian

Termingamer2-JD

This update was made 13 months after your registration, and no this isn't one of those boards 'please post or we will disable your account', probably because most people ask a question and leave.

Termingamer2-JD, Sep 5, 2015
Ask a Question