Serial Port and CipherLab CPT-711 Scanner

Discussion in 'Windows XP Hardware' started by naschas, Feb 26, 2015.

1. naschas

naschas

Hi all,

First time post. I have spent several days trying to find a workaround to this issue without success. I have a CipherLab CPT-711 stock scanner that connects via a cradle to the built-in RS232 port of my Windows XP system. This is a retail environment with this system being the server, so I try to minimise down time. It is updated to Service Pack 3.

The issue being that I get no connection between the device and the computer when trying to upload or download data between the two. I have tried to use the /fastdetect option in the boot.ini file, but this seemed to make no difference, so I have since removed it.

Any help or advice would be highly appreciated. This device is no longer manufactured by CipherLab as the replacement was moved over to the USB protocol, but it is a good, well functioning device and I would like to get it working.

Kind regards,
    Nasi

naschas, Feb 26, 2015
  2. naschas

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Feb 26, 2015
  3. naschas

naschas

Yes, I have a small software program supplied with my point of sale software to handle upload and download of files from the device. Even attempting to upload the program to the device yields a connection failure on COM port.

naschas, Feb 26, 2015
  4. naschas

Elizabeth23

well, the manual says that the settings have to match, do not know what else to suggest, so let's see if any one else here or at the techsupport forum can answer your question

Elizabeth23, Feb 26, 2015
Ask a Question