Security Update for Windows XP (KB2862330) Problem

Security Update for Windows XP (KB2862330) keeps installing on my laptop through Microsoft Update and Automatic Update. After restarting, it shows up again and again and again. Any idea why and how can I stop it?

That seems like a legit KB hotfix. Anyways, I don't quite understand, this kb keeps on reappearing on WU after you've installed it?

Have you tried to turn WU off completely. Restart. Then turn it back on? That usually clears the cache of dled hotfixes.

Anyways, unless you have Office 2007 or later on XP (which will continue to receive updates until 2017), there's no reason to have Automatic Update turned on anymore for XP...

That seems like a legit KB hotfix. Anyways, I don't quite understand, this kb keeps on reappearing on WU after you've installed it?

Have you tried to turn WU off completely. Restart. Then turn it back on? That usually clears the cache of dled hotfixes.

Anyways, unless you have Office 2007 or later on XP (which will continue to receive updates until 2017), there's no reason to have Automatic Update turned on anymore for XP...

I explain.

1) There's a new update. Windows update downloads and install it. I restart.
2) There's a new update. Windows update downloads and install it. I restart.

In the programs it is installed.

Back