security certificates

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by scottishstewpot, Sep 19, 2018.

1. scottishstewpot

scottishstewpot

hey guys thanks for the add im running a fresh install of xp sp3 with ie8 but cant do anything as security certificates keep blocking pages from showing any information or updating my downloads any advice gratefully accepted

scottishstewpot, Sep 19, 2018
    cmccaff1 likes this.
  2. scottishstewpot

cmccaff1

Are you trying to browse with IE8? If you've got a flash drive or a blank CD-R you can burn to, I'd try to put a newer browser on there and then copy it to your computer/install it. For the best possible security and compatibility with modern web standards I recommend Mypal (https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal/releases).

cmccaff1, Sep 19, 2018
  3. scottishstewpot

scottishstewpot

thanks for that cmccaff1 the problem is that when I try installing off of a usb when it tries to connect to internet to finish configuration the security certificates stop it from continuing and it just fails I will give the mypal a try

scottishstewpot, Sep 19, 2018
    cmccaff1 likes this.
  4. scottishstewpot

Lockherup

IE8 sucks but if you must use it you can go to options or internet options and change security level. I've never had this problem but I know you can set security levels in IE through the Control Panel of win XP.

Try firefox 25 for very simply light browsing, ie creiagslist and forums, Firefox 37 to 52 for a better media experience or Mypal 27 .

Lockherup, Sep 19, 2018
    cmccaff1 likes this.
  5. scottishstewpot

WindowsXPforever

My Pal,updated to ver 28

WindowsXPforever, Sep 19, 2018
    cmccaff1 likes this.
  6. scottishstewpot

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Sep 19, 2018
    WindowsXPforever and cmccaff1 like this.
Ask a Question