Say it ain't so!...

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by BlueBeastie, Sep 5, 2020.

1. BlueBeastie

BlueBeastie

I reinstalled Windows XP to a laptop and installed the unofficial SP4 to get updated quickly. (The CD is SP2).

But, there's a few more to get from the Windows Update, so I click Windows Update, Internet Explorer opens and after it looks for any available updates, I get a error code 0x80244019. According to Reddit, this is a 404 Not Found error. Also according to Reddit, it might be because of Microsoft retiring content encrypted with SHA-1. Hence, Windows XP updates are longer available through Microsoft Update. (That yellow shield hasn't popped up either.)
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com...tent-to-be-retired-august-3-2020/ba-p/1544373

I guess I'm posting this here because I want to ask if anyone else is unable to see updates on the Microsoft Update website.
    Here's a picture of what I'm talking about:
    error.JPG

BlueBeastie, Sep 5, 2020
    cartpusher54 likes this.
  2. BlueBeastie

cartpusher54

Go To os revival and they have a windows xp update you can run that gives you every update until april 2019

cartpusher54, Sep 5, 2020
  3. BlueBeastie

Elizabeth23

Or you can go to microsoft update catalog and download individual updates , :)

Elizabeth23, Sep 5, 2020
  4. BlueBeastie

flavallee Guest

5. BlueBeastie

BlueBeastie

Thanks guys for your help. I downloaded the updates from 2017 and 2019 that I don't think SP4 covers from the catalog, and I followed flavallee's guide, which also fixed a problem I was having with my webcam. I've gotta be able to use Zoom in this day and age!

Thanks again!

BlueBeastie, Sep 6, 2020
  6. BlueBeastie

flavallee Guest

I'm glad to hear my guide was of some help. :)

flavallee, Sep 6, 2020
Ask a Question