Rhapsody version 4 for windows xp?

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by cartpusher54, Aug 20, 2019.

1. cartpusher54

cartpusher54

I was just wondering if anyone here has that version of the old software player as I was able to play music from my computer even after they switched to napster and no longer themselves provided a link to that awesome old music player. I had the files to it on a flash drive and they got erased by my own fault however I cannot find a link anywhere online for rhapsody version 4,just version 6 which does not work on xp and is horrible anyway as a stand alone music player. I even went as far and did a live chat with napster last year and they did not seem to know what i was talking about when I asked about version 4 saying to pay and use the windows 10 app lol. I regret losing those darn files. version 4 is the only one also that lets you use its features without being signed in. Like cd burning and listening to your files on the pc.

cartpusher54, Aug 20, 2019
  2. cartpusher54

ClippyBeer

It looks like older versions of Rhapsody have been wiped from the internet. Even Wayback machine can't find downloads for it. It wasn't that popular because of the DRM restrictions for downloading music.

The closest with all the features you want that still works with XP is Media Monkey but I believe that is trial software. There are plenty of good freeware media players/CD burners for XP although they are separate programs, not unified like Rhapsody/Media Monkey.

ClippyBeer, Aug 20, 2019
  3. cartpusher54

cartpusher54

Yes i tried the wayback machine as well. I may be able to find someone at my job with a computer with 4 already installed then i just put the files on my flash drive again well I did find version 2 but that requires you to be signed in to use the features and of couse the servers to that were shut off years ago im sure lol.

cartpusher54, Aug 20, 2019
  4. cartpusher54

Elizabeth23

5. cartpusher54

cartpusher54

Have tried those links many times they look so promising at first but version 4 is not to found on any of them it will just give you version 6 or one for a phone but thanks for the effort in trying everyone on here is just awesome in the xp forums!!

cartpusher54, Aug 22, 2019
  6. cartpusher54

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Aug 23, 2019
    ClippyBeer likes this.
  7. cartpusher54

ClippyBeer

As I posted the closest thing to Rhapsody 4 is MediaMonkey. The free version limits CD burning to 4x unfortunately. If you really must have Rhapsody 4 your best bet would be to join the Sandisk forums and see if some kind soul who still has an older e2xxx series Sandisk media player can provide the software from the install CD.

There are plenty of good audio players for XP that have most of the features of Rhapsody 4 minus the built-in CD burning. Plenty of good free audio CD burners for XP as well.

If you really really must have it you probably will have to shop Ebay/Amazon for a Sandisk E200/250/260 that comes with the installation CD.

Odd that you can find old versions of Napster and Realplayer but not Rhapsody.

ClippyBeer, Aug 23, 2019
    cartpusher54 likes this.
  8. cartpusher54

cartpusher54

Yes the only versions I can find are 6 and 2 and version 2 will not let you use it without signing in and 6 is like i said before horrible user experience.

cartpusher54, Aug 23, 2019
  9. cartpusher54

Computer semi-expert

Computer semi-expert, Sep 16, 2019
  10. cartpusher54

cartpusher54

cartpusher54, Sep 23, 2019
Ask a Question