Restore to earlier date help

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by Randomdude, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Randomdude

Randomdude

Hey - I'm not the smartest when it comes to Windows XP: anyone know how to do a restore (to a previous date) ? I can get to this screen (attached) but there is no where to perform the restore. Suggestions?

Attached Files:

Randomdude, Feb 11, 2021
    1. Advertisements

2. Randomdude

Elizabeth23

go to start/accessories/system tools/ system restore, then choose restore to an earlier date, this is best done from safe mode.

Elizabeth23, Feb 12, 2021
    1. Advertisements

3. Randomdude

Randomdude

Thanks - unfortunately there isn't an option to restore it to an earlier time there (even if I click on the settings or the drive itself :-().

Attached Files:

Randomdude, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Randomdude

Elizabeth23

that is the same image from your first post, did you follow my directions and go to start/all programs/accessories/system tools/system restore?

Elizabeth23, Feb 12, 2021
  5. Randomdude

red

is this the 1st time after a fresh copy of xp has been installed ? if so then there will be no restore option, if so then reinstall xp from disk and then choose repair.

red, Apr 12, 2021
  6. Randomdude

Elizabeth23

repair is good only when your install media has sp3 integrated, otherwise it will repair to the service pack on the cd and anything installed before the repair will be corrupted especially if you have installed sp3 before doing a repair, if your install media has sp3 integrated then a repair is great.

Elizabeth23, Apr 12, 2021
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question