Restore to earlier date help

Hey - I'm not the smartest when it comes to Windows XP: anyone know how to do a restore (to a previous date) ? I can get to this screen (attached) but there is no where to perform the restore. Suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_20210211_162038.jpg
    IMG_20210211_162038.jpg
    511.9 KB · Views: 76
go to start/accessories/system tools/ system restore, then choose restore to an earlier date, this is best done from safe mode.

Thanks - unfortunately there isn't an option to restore it to an earlier time there (even if I click on the settings or the drive itself :-().

Attachments

• IMG_20210211_162038.jpg
    IMG_20210211_162038.jpg
    511.9 KB · Views: 85
that is the same image from your first post, did you follow my directions and go to start/all programs/accessories/system tools/system restore?

is this the 1st time after a fresh copy of xp has been installed ? if so then there will be no restore option, if so then reinstall xp from disk and then choose repair.

repair is good only when your install media has sp3 integrated, otherwise it will repair to the service pack on the cd and anything installed before the repair will be corrupted especially if you have installed sp3 before doing a repair, if your install media has sp3 integrated then a repair is great.

Back