Resizing pictures!

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Bruce, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Bruce

Bruce

While in "My Pictures", I usually resize pics for email by highlighting 1 or more pics. I then go to "File and Folder Tasks" and click on "Email selected items". The window "Send pictures via email" opens and I resize the pics and click OK. Typicallly, my Outlook Express window opens to select an email recipient. I don't know what I did to cause this actiion...BUT NOW A 2ND WINDOW THAT SAYS "SEND MAIL" IS DISPLAYED THAT IS SUBDUED AND BEHIND THE "Send pictures via email" window. Now Windows will not display the Outlook ExPRESS window and I CAN'T CANCEL THE
    2ND WINDOW. This 2nd window shows files continually being sent to a folder. But this process nevers ends and I'm unable to resize and send pics via email.

I have tried to cut power, pull the battery etc and can't stop what process if any is taking place with this "Send mail" window. When I close the 1st window, the 2nd subdued window closes also preventing any action to stop the process.

Please help me to either cancel this 2nd window (or all operations) or come up with some other process to circumvent what is taking place now. I don't have Windows Gallery or any photoshop program to resize. I only use the above process to email pics and never had a problem until this happened. I tried Powertoy "ImageResizer.exe" and it did not affect it. I ran "DllRegisterserver in SHIMGVW.DLL and that did not work either.:(

Thanks for your help :)

Bruce, Feb 13, 2011
Ask a Question