Rescue XPS pack 1.2 win 32bit

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by Jack Brazil, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Jack Brazil

Jack Brazil

Hello friends, does anyone have the XPS Essentials Pack V1.2 /Win XP 32bit ? I've searched the internet and haven't found it, many sites take it to Microsoft but the download link has been down for years

Jack Brazil, Dec 14, 2021
  2. Jack Brazil

red Guest

OK easy going. As we see in the logs of the MSI setup, the WICUpdateInstallAction is the culprit.

I had .NET 3.0/3.5 uninstalled on my XP SP2 machine (German) but still wasn't able to install XPSEP.

I had the same WIC complaints in my log I generated by msiexec /i XPSEP.msi /lx* xpsep.log (or was it /lx without *).

I had WIC, Windows Imaging Component, installed as a prerequisite to Windows Live Photo Gallery. But I couldn't remove it from Add/Remove Programs any longer. Running the WIC Update again (wic_x86_deu.exe in my case) didn't help much in regard to the XPSEP installer. Uninstalling Live Gallery was no help at all.

There is a brute force solution to that :)

1. Make sure you uninstalled the .NET 3.x things (no %windir%\system32\xpsviewer folder anymore)

2. Make sure you have WIC installed or install it.

3. Get yourself Orca, the MSI database editor from MS (you may have to get a Windows Platform SDK in order to get access to the Orca.msi); I used Orca 3.1.4000.2049

4. Make a copy of your XPSEP MSI.

5. Right-click on the copy - "Edit with Orca"

6. Go to InstallExecuteSequence.

7. Find the Row labelled WICUpdateInstallAction - Right-click - "Drop Row".

8. Save.

9. Double-click the MSI copy you just edited.

10. Hopefully, the installer should run through fine.

11. Reinstall .NET 3.x and all other things you uninstalled beforehand.

this is all i could find on the matter may be of use to you

red, Dec 14, 2021
  3. Jack Brazil

Jack Brazil

Hi, thanks a lot for the help but maybe you didn't understand haha, I needed the full XPS XP installation package, it's needed by many old printer programs, I searched this package on the internet and I didn't have success, Microsoft has withdrawn from its collection and it was completely free, thank God I found a friend who rescued it for me and I will make it available to everyone here on the forum! link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-4Bip7EtBJawfd0xC6GoL5N2mgjAcM3W/view?usp=drivesdk version 1.1

I want to remind you again that this package is completely free, it was part of several other essential packages of win xp, it was possible to download it from the Microsoft website (download center), but unfortunately with time it has already been removed. check the official Microsoft link: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2007/05/23/xps-essentials-pack-now-available

Jack Brazil, Dec 15, 2021
  4. Jack Brazil

Jack Brazil

Very thanks bro

Jack Brazil, Dec 15, 2021
Ask a Question