replacing invalid security id with default security id for file 123AB

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by jade, Mar 23, 2015.

1. jade

jade

When I booted up my dell insiron b130 (new to me-given to me this weekend) i found a chkdsk program was running and on the screen were line after line of the following:
    'replacing invalid security id with default security id for file xxxxxx'

Why is this running, I didn't initiate it. I was planning on installing a Windows 7 upgrade, should I do this still? Before the nonsense listed above, I had trouble adding the dell to my wireless internet network. The weirdest issue was there was a sound that sounded like a race car reeving its engine which can be heard about every 30-45 seconds while the laptop is turned on!?!

Any suggestions? Help!:(

jade, Mar 23, 2015
  2. jade

Elizabeth23

you should do a fresh install of xp or of the os that you are wanting to install.

you cannot upgrade from xp to 7

if you shut off pc while chkdsk is running, it may not boot again and you will still have to do a fresh install.

Elizabeth23, Mar 23, 2015
  3. jade

LCD336

DONT install windows 7, its like windows 10 on an optiplex 755. it's no no, yo.

And, reinstall windows XP, if you don't have any reinstallation disc, You should reinstallation disk set to reinstall it, the main reinstallation disk is the purple one,It gets rid of all your things though, so backup your laptop if you have anything important to you on it.
    And get it from microsoft on somewhere you feel you can trust [amazon] , it may be kinda expensive, but trust me, its worth it.
    P.s. Use the "Boot menu" [F8 at startup]
    [some friendly advice]
    i have a B-130, and it black screened, i reinstalled windows XP to fix the problem.
    And Mines power jack went out, so watch for that, if you have to jiggle the plug get the jack replaced immediately.

LCD336, Mar 24, 2015
Ask a Question