Removing recent records

Discussion in 'Windows XP Customization' started by Rudy Lewis, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Rudy Lewis

Rudy Lewis

When using "Customize Classic Start Menu" and clicking on 'Clear' to 'Remove records of recently accessed documents, programs, and Web sites...', what Web sites will be cleared? I have never seen a website link listed in 'Documents' on the Start menu, and my websites are not cleared in either Chrome or Firefox. I do not use IE because I receive the message (paraphrasing) "The website can not be found" when I try to reach close to 99% of the websites.
    Thanks,
    RL

Rudy Lewis, Apr 18, 2020
  2. Rudy Lewis

Elizabeth23

https://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=29744&seqNum=4

Notice that the list of advanced Start Menu options appears on the same dialog box as the other options. Along the right side of the dialog box, you'll see options for adding, removing, and sorting the Start Menu entries. Clicking the Advanced button displays a copy of Windows Explorer with the Start Menu directory selected. This allows you to perform tasks such as organizing your Start Menu for efficient use. Click the Clear button, and Windows XP will remove the entries from your Documents list, along with the application and Web site lists.

I see where it says website lists, but I am not sure if some will be listed. I use the xp start menu, maybe someone will give a more detailed answer, but as far as I know the start menu was based on using internet explorer and since no one uses that anymore for xp, I would not worry about it removing websites from a different browser.

Elizabeth23, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Rudy Lewis

Rudy Lewis

Thanks Liz,
    I searched for a few websites in IE; however, XP apparently does not delete those websites either. I do not know which websites the 'Clear' dialogue box is referring to. I am not worried about it; I am just curious as to which websites gets cleared. Another question which will not be answered. No matter, not knowing will not interfere with XP's performance.
    Rudy

Rudy Lewis, Apr 18, 2020
    Elizabeth23 likes this.
Ask a Question