RE: nLite and XPlite requirements

Discussion in 'Windows XP Customization' started by trimis, Nov 9, 2014.

1. trimis

trimis

I keep getting conflicting info on Google as to whether or not nLite and XPlite require .NET Framework. Anyone know for sure?

trimis, Nov 9, 2014
  2. trimis

Elizabeth23

from here

I have used and trust the above site, the last time I used nlite, I do not know if it was required or not as I have all .net up to .net 4 extended installed on my pc.
    ====

I have not used xplite and know of no one who recommends it, however if you like the program, then use it and I would say offhand that it would be like nlite and require at least .net 2.5

Elizabeth23, Nov 10, 2014
  3. trimis

Elizabeth23

ALSO: according to HERE, the tutorial does say .net is not required, the only solution would be to try it and see.

Elizabeth23, Nov 10, 2014
  4. trimis

trimis

Thanks for the info!

So I am trying to avoid having .NET on my PC. If it turns out that it is required for either nlite or xplite, what are my options? I am thinking I could install it to satisfy nlite/xplite, then when I am through using one or the other, uninstall it. Anyone know how difficult .NET is to get rid of without using nlite/xplite? I am guessing I could not use app that depends on .NET to remove .NET!

trimis, Nov 30, 2014
  5. trimis

Elizabeth23

it is not hard to get rid of .net, if you want to install, then do so and then it can be removed from add/remove or you can download the #1 file from my onedrive and it will remove all .net from your pc:

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=d7389b68b3a275ad

Elizabeth23, Dec 1, 2014
  6. trimis

trimis

Great news! So I will try using nLite & XPLite without .NET, and if that fails, I will install .NET only long enough to use them. Thanks!

trimis, Dec 28, 2014
  7. trimis

Elizabeth23

no problem

Elizabeth23, Dec 29, 2014
Ask a Question