Re-Installing XP SP2/SP3??

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Termingamer2-JD, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Termingamer2-JD

Termingamer2-JD

Netbook now buggered.
    Won't turn on at all, just a black screen which only goes after taking battery out.

I won't reinstall, it is too much pain and doesn't work, the POSReady2009 iso took 11 hours for download so cancelled.

I probably won't be back here again.
    Thanks, but I cannot use computer thanks to my problem.

Termingamer2-JD, Oct 21, 2015
  2. Termingamer2-JD

eatup

I think part of the problem is you didn't follow the instructions as described 1.

#1. You didn't bother to visit mydigitallife to download an untouched XP Pro ISO, but resorted to bittorrenting it, which God knows could have been infected with the most malicious trojan known to mankind. In other words, when you made those responses, you already had the "dirty" XP image installed on another partition. Hence, your system was assumed infected from the second XP installation.

#2. There is NO WAY IN HELL deleting a partition that the OS did not reside on could cause the computer not to boot. The worst scenario would be the you cannot access/make use of that unpartitioned space without creating a new partition from it. You must have done something other than delete partitions you're not currently booted on. Ask any knowledgeable techie here, it's IMPOSSIBLE to f*** up a computer b/c the OS won't even let you alter the active partition it's currently booted up from.

#3. I won't be back here too. This forum is full of trolls extolling Windows 8.1 on a Windows XP forum...

#4. Sheesh and I thought I was the impatient kind. But for someone who cannot even withstand 11 hours downloading a CLEAN iso, they're clearly not the type who have much patience for anything else much less anyone else's help!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    eatup, Oct 21, 2015
  3. Termingamer2-JD

eatup

Personally, I would be more interested in where you obtained that XP ISO from, which YOU WENT AHEAD AND INSTALLED ONTO YOUR SYSTEM, and how many ppl reported a nasty virus or trojan, that COULD INDUCE HARDWARE BLACKOUTS, when they did a virus scan on it!

eatup, Oct 21, 2015
  4. Termingamer2-JD

Termingamer2-JD

No one reported a virus/trojan, if they had I wouldn't used it. Anyway I'd probably have spotted if it did, usually those things say '100% Virus Free, Crack Enabled' and all that.

I did something stupid in computer management with logical drives explaining the problem, which is my fault.

I don't have much time in the week unfortunately. I have been an idiot. And yes, I do troll people too much, you should stay here as you can help people, I can't do anything or nothing really...

Termingamer2-JD, Oct 21, 2015
  5. Termingamer2-JD

eatup

I was joking about the leaving part. (Fooled ya! :p ) Would want to leave this place w/o showing the world my avatar, which btw won't happen any time soon, at least not until the game that I want an avatar from gets released sometime next year...

eatup, Oct 22, 2015
Ask a Question