RDP Credentials get deleted on every restart

Discussion in 'Windows XP Networking' started by Luca Summermatter, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Luca Summermatter

Luca Summermatter

Hello Guys

I have the following Problem with my RDP Connections. I hope im in the right part of the forum. My Client is a Windows XP SP3 and the Server is a Windows 2008 R2 Server. Im working with RDP 6.1

Now i want to establish a RDP connection from the XP Client to the Server with the built in Procotol.

My Problem: Everytime i restart my Client Machine, the password gets deleted. Because we configured our Machines like this, so on every start you have the state of origin, if you change something that should last, i can "Save changes". But even if i hit "Save Changes" its not working, its only Saving the Username and Domain.

Where does XP store these values? My thought was to move it to a folder thats protected..

Maybe someone has another Idea? If you need more information, just tell me please!

Would be very nice if someone could help me, i would much appreciate it!

thanks in advance and best regards to all of you
    Luca

Luca Summermatter, Mar 23, 2018
Ask a Question