Rave and Rant

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Aunty Jack, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Aunty Jack

Aunty Jack

Adelaide, in my dreams as my wife tells me.
    Bugger Windows 10.

Yes, Aunty Jack back for a bit.

After trying all means of having Windows 10 run my beloved flight simulator programs, FS 2002 Pro, FS 2004 I give up. No ferschluginer way will the Microsoft OS recognise programs from the Microsoft “stable”. Why, to force old pilots like me to buy all new shiny new Microsoft flight simulator programs which do not have the realism to actual flying that FS 2004 has.

Microsoft you bastards, at least let an old man too debilitated for actual real flying (I was rated VFR single prop, but so are 90% of pilots) and enjoy the next best thing to real flying with one of your own products which WORKED with XP, Vista, and Windows 7 and sometimes with Windows 8.1

Now, Windows Defender. Microsoft says, “trust us, we will protect your system” with Windows Defender in Windows 10. Bullshit it does. !. The most common PUP's (Potentially Unwanted Programs) and the usual spyware just slides straight through Windows Defender. Installed Panda Cloud Anti-virus, the free version and it straight off found 139 pieces of malware, spyware, browser hijackers to Windows Defender finding 4. Great going Microsoft. Yeah, kiss my old hairy a###.

Changing things that I don't want changed. Yesssss. !. Now I have to enter a password to start MY OWN PC after downloading a program from the on-line “Microsoft Store. Hey Microsoft, WHO OWNS THIS PC, ?. You sure as hell don't, I DO so keep your grubby fingers out of MY PC.

Has anyone using Windows 10 that things start to slow down. Well I have and I have been cleaning and maintaining OS's since the 1980's.

Windows 7 was the last OS that did not try to “sell” things to the user. Windows 10 is worse than a door to door salesman.

Yes, bugger (look up the Australian context for the use of the word bugger) you Microsoft. I will now spend some time rolling my PC back to Windows 8.1. Unfortunately the PC I have will not allow install of a “legacy” version of Windows. (legacy is from Windows 7 back).

Oh for the simplicity and bullet proof operation of XP.

Shitbags to you Microsoft,

Aunty Jack.:mad:

Aunty Jack, Feb 11, 2016
  2. Aunty Jack

Elizabeth23

Welcome Back, Aunty Jack, :) . even if only for a little while.

Enjoy the stay. :)

Elizabeth23, Feb 11, 2016
Ask a Question