Random Reboots/Crashes

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by bheadmaster, Jan 7, 2015.

1. bheadmaster

bheadmaster

Hey guys.

So my PC has been randomly rebooting almost every day lately. And whenever it reboots, I get "The system has recovered from a serious error" message.

Error report contains this info:

BCCode : 10000050 BCP1 : E3D7F000 BCP2 : 00000001 BCP3 : BF8EBD42
    BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

F:\DOCUME~1\Tino\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERe433.dir00\Mini010715-01.dmp
    F:\DOCUME~1\Tino\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERe433.dir00\sysdata.xml

Any idea what is going on? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

bheadmaster, Jan 7, 2015
  2. bheadmaster

Elizabeth23

To see what the error was you can change the default behavior by right clicking on “My Computer” and choosing “Properties”. Goto the “Advanced” Tab and under “Startup and Recovery” press the “Settings” button.

Under the “System Failure” box there will be a checkbox saying “Automatically Restart”. Untick this box and click Ok.

It may look something like this: Stop 0x0000000A or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

http://www.technibble.com/troubleshooting-windows-stop-errors-what-they-mean-in-english/
    above has some error codes explained

[​IMG]

I need the info by the arrows and any file that is indicated such as the .dll listed in the picture

Elizabeth23, Jan 7, 2015
  3. bheadmaster

bheadmaster

Well FML.
    I disabled auto-restart, and I got some unreadable garbage blue screen. I attached the picture of it.

Wat dafuq?

Attached Files:

bheadmaster, Jan 8, 2015
  4. bheadmaster

Elizabeth23

you will need to test memory with memtest 86+, download the precompiled zip package, second one down on the below page:

http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

below is a link to instructions on using memtest86+, you will not need 7zip as you have xp and can just extract the ISO.

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/246994-guide-to-using-memtest86/

==============
    checking the graphics driver:

I also need you to check the screen in other places, when you restart your pc immediately start tapping F8 to get the advanced boot options, is this screen distorted also??

and if you go into your Bios is this distorted??

If SAFE MODE boots without a distorted screen (everything WILL look bigger as Safe Mode uses VGA resolution) try adjusting your resolution to a resolution and refresh rate the monitor supports.

if so, then do you have another monitor to test with and see if the monitor is bad??

============

also, what is the make, model and model number of pc??

32 or 64 bit??

are you fully updated??

are you hearing any beeps??

when you attempt to open case:

• unplug power from wall
    • hold power button down at least 5 seconds
    • touch something metal to discharge your hands, do this often as you work

and while you have it open insure that it is clean, either use a can of compressed air or a blower set at a gentle setting, Do not use a vacumn cleaner.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
    Elizabeth23, Jan 8, 2015
  5. bheadmaster

bheadmaster

Thank you for replying, I'll do the memtest as soon as I get out to buy a blank CD tomorrow.

Also, the screen is never distorted except when I get the Blue Screen. Advanced boot options is opened pretty clearly. As well as when I go into BIOS.

I recieved this screen several times, a long time ago, and it was always distorted, but I didn't have any other problems so I didn't think it would matter and did nothing about it.

About 'make, model and model number of pc', I have no idea, how can I check it? I know that its 32-bit.
    Am I fully updated? Not sure. My father takes care of all OS installations, so there's a chance that I'm using a pirated XP (I'm not sure what's this forum's policy on pirated software...?)

No beeps. Only the fan was pretty loud before, but I vacuumed it a week ago (didn't touch the components with vacuum, only the fan)... was it a mistake?

bheadmaster, Jan 8, 2015
  6. bheadmaster

Elizabeth23

a vacuum can give off static electricity which you do not want around electronics, you can use a plastic end or tape the end if it is metal, but better to use air.

Click Start, Run and in the box enter:

msinfo32

Click OK, and when the System Summary info appears, click Edit, Select All (Ctrl-A), Copy (Ctrl-C) and then paste (Ctrl-V) the information back here in your next reply.
    You can edit out any personal information.

you can go here to see if it is genuine and follow the link to the MGA diag tool and post the info here.

=========

so it is not the monitor or the graphics card I will do a little more searching, if you have mini dump activated (in the same area as where you disabled Automatic restart), there will be minidumps saved to your pc, but I do not know how to read those, but you can download Blue screen view and post the log here if one is given in clear text.

Elizabeth23, Jan 9, 2015
  7. bheadmaster

bheadmaster

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name KONDOR
    System Manufacturer System manufacturer
    System Model System Product Name
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor x86 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 5 GenuineIntel ~2999 Mhz
    BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS P5V-VM SE DH ACPI BIOS Revision 0601, 12.12.2006
    SMBIOS Version 2.4
    Windows Directory F:\WINDOWS
    System Directory F:\WINDOWS\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
    User Name KONDOR\Tino
    Time Zone Central European Standard Time
    Total Physical Memory 2.048,00 MB
    Available Physical Memory 1.021,39 MB
    Total Virtual Memory 2,00 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 1,96 GB
    Page File Space 3,78 GB
    Page File F:\pagefile.sys

Also, I used the Windows CD to repair the system files this morning, and so far there weren't any crashes. I'll wait a few days just to confirm that the problem was in corrupted system files...

bheadmaster, Jan 9, 2015
  8. bheadmaster

Elizabeth23

unless the cd was at the same service pack as the installed OS you will create more problems. as a repair install will attempt to place system back to the service pack of the cd used.

Since there is not oem manufacturer this must be a built system, the only way to get the drivers is to go to device manager, check on the driver manufacturer and get the driver from the manufacturer's website.

Are there any yellow warning signs in device manager??

Sorry for the late reply.

Elizabeth23, Jan 10, 2015
  9. bheadmaster

bheadmaster

No warning signs in device manager.

And the CD was at the same service pack, so it seems that it solved my problem :) I haven't has a single crash since I repaired the system.

Thank you for taking time to help me, I appreciate it :) Have a good day!

bheadmaster, Jan 10, 2015
  10. bheadmaster

Elizabeth23

Great news, and that was good work on your part. you can run checkdisk on your harddrive now and then and if it says 0Kb in bad sectors, then your drive is okay, if this changes then your drive is starting to fail.

Elizabeth23, Jan 11, 2015
Ask a Question