Quick Reminder to DL MSE Definitions for XP!

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by eatup, Apr 2, 2015.

1. eatup

eatup

This is a quick reminder to manually dl MSE definitions for XP as I'm pretty sure they'll pull it this April 15. You also probably want the last few days before the April 15 deadline as I'm pretty sure you don't want what they did to the actual MSE program,

which was to infest the very last version with annoying end-of-support notices that sometimes broke/froze the system. The version of MSE for XP before the very last one didn't have this problem...

Dl link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971606

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    eatup, Apr 2, 2015
  2. eatup

Elizabeth23

I do not bother with MSE, I use 360 Internet security by Qihoo, along with mbam and mbae seems good so far :)

Elizabeth23, Apr 2, 2015
  3. eatup

eatup

Well, I can imagine. VirtuaBox by Oracle is a lot more snappy than VirtualPC by Microsoft, both of which are FREE, of course.

But, there are folks like me who'd rather go with an MS Product if given the choice b/c you'd never know what other goodies the third part software comes with (I'm looking at you uTorrent)...

eatup, Apr 2, 2015
  4. eatup

Elizabeth23

yes, you are correct. :)

Elizabeth23, Apr 2, 2015
Ask a Question