Question about Ram Specs

I am under the impression that my RAM is not as fast as it could be. I have 2700 but am told my PC takes 3200. Any advice? Will my PC take 3200 and if so will it be faster than my current 2700?

speccy.JPG

there are a couple of differences in the two images

do not know how to adjust, I notice that they are from different manufactures
and I have set my page file to 1000MB

PC2700 memory is DDR designed for use in systems with a 166-MHz front-side bus (providing a 333 MT/s data transfer rate). The "2700" refers to the module's bandwidth (the maximum amount of data it can transfer each second), which is 2.7 GB.

PC3200 (commonly referred to as DDR400) memory is DDR designed for use in systems with a 200-MHz front-side bus (providing a 400 MT/s data transfer rate). The "3200" refers to the module's bandwidth (the maximum amount of data it can transfer each second), which is 3.2 GB.

from here

maybe you can understand it better and if you figure a way to increase it let me know, :) :eek:

=
Type DDR
Size 2048 MBytes
Channels # Dual
DRAM Frequency 199.5 MHz
CAS# Latency (CL) 3 clocks
RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD) 3 clocks
RAS# Precharge (tRP) 3 clocks
Cycle Time (tRAS) 8 clocks

these are different for me, if you could change these???

Last edited:
maybe someone with a little more hardware knowledge will help and you could also PM Jojo and/or Aunty Jack . they are more mechanically knowledgeable.

Maybe. I know the ins and outs of my PC extremely well but on this I have no clue why there are two types of bandwidth types. Apparently Dell Dimension 3000 takes both 2700 & 3200 but I just can't figure out whether it's beneficial in anyway. If It is then I want to upgrade to the 3200. I have stripped Dell Dimension 3000 PCs down to the bare bones and rebuilt them more times than I can count.

I bought a lot of 50 practically brand new Dell Dim 3000 from and Office building my Buddy was IT admin for some years back when they were transitioning a move and upgrading. They all have the 2700 though. I still have a dozen or so left for parts for me to use.

I gave the rest away to students in the local middle school who could not afford new ones and to the Elders Civic Center and Local Library as well.

I want to find out about this and whether my PC can actually handle Hyper-V 478 socket Processor as well.

I appreciate your time though.

Well, sorry, I can not help you with this since I do not understand the technology that well. :)

have you tried HERE, might get some help as Elder K, Lem P and a few others are very knowledgeable.

Last edited:
Back