question about hotspot shield and my HP scanner

My HP 2500 series scanner works great in both network mode and of course usb mode.. But today I install hotspot shield ( as I am sick and tired of being turned down to see certain TV shows or youtube videos as they are only promised for the USA market ) ..,, discovered then when the hotspot mode is on ( green ) and everything appears to be working such as google browsing history and of course going to address's such as my membership for Netflix canada I can now see and play Netflix videos back to my PC.. When I went to scan a document using with my HP printer I got an error message .. but when I backed out an d then used the USB prompt no problem .. back to Hotspot turned it off .. back to scanner no problem ..

is this a firewall issue or ...??

if your hp scanner works fine with no hotspot, then I would say it is a setting in hotspot doing this.

can you give me the exact error message please, and correct me if I am wrong, but you get this error when hotspot is on and scanner is on, BUT not when hotspot is off and scanner is on??

and yes your question is correct here is the message in a scanned image .. with hotspot turned on ..
error_zps96711e7d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

let me know if this requires further troubleshooting, I am sure it is a setting somewhere in one or the other program that is conflicting.

Back