printer driver wont install

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by clark kent, Nov 5, 2012.

1. clark kent

clark kent

Printer: MFC 9120CN laser printer. I have use the standard install with the provided correct cd, tried installing from the manufacurer site, to no avail. The xp pro system is fully updated. Used sfc to scan for missing or corrupt file that may need replaced, checked print spooler, completely removed any anti virus programs, turned off windows firewall, and other things too.
    The install will go mostly thru the process until it says to connect the usb, then hangs for a moment, windows says new hardware found, usb device, then says it was not installed and might not operate correctly.
    what else can i try to install this driver? I have used their uninstall tool to uninstall what it did install, removed registry keys and any other remnants it may have left behind, then tried to reinstall the software clean, but no luck.

clark kent, Nov 5, 2012
  2. clark kent

Elizabeth23

Did you ever solve your problem? and if so how? do you still need help?

Elizabeth23, Mar 18, 2013
Ask a Question