Printer Driver for HP 3325 for XP running Compaq thats not on line

Discussion in 'Windows XP Drivers' started by Technomaniac, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Technomaniac

Technomaniac

Hi. I need to run a HP3325 Deskjet printer on my Compaq laptop that is not online. I am subscribed to wireless internet for my other computers but XP doesn't facilitate wireless internet.

I do not wish to run the Compaq online, but I DO need to use a printer on it. So ideally a CD driver is what I need. If I get a download on another computer it always wants to install it on the wrong computer.

Does anyone have a driver disk that I may buy?

Technomaniac, Mar 4, 2021
  2. Technomaniac

ClippyBeer

ClippyBeer, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Technomaniac

Technomaniac

ClippyBeer, that seems to be for Windows 10 and for a multifunction printer/scanner. I need for just a bubblejet printer 3325 and for XP.

Technomaniac, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Technomaniac

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Mar 6, 2021
  5. Technomaniac

Technomaniac

Elizabeth23. Sorry but it does not work. If you read my post, you will have noted that I need to download it on a laptop running Win 10. But what I require is for XP. When I try to do it, it says that I'm running Win 10 and downloads the driver for Win 10.. OR I did something wrong.

Technomaniac, Mar 6, 2021
  6. Technomaniac

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Mar 7, 2021
  7. Technomaniac

Technomaniac

Thanks, Elizabeth23. So far, so good. I have copied it to a USB stick and loaded it on the XP laptop. It might not have any unzipper, but I'll follow it through. Problem with computers now is they tell you what to do, it used to be the other way around. So much is ASSUMED by the programmers. I really appreciate the help.

Technomaniac, Mar 9, 2021
  8. Technomaniac

Elizabeth23

when you right click on a zip file, if you have the left hand task pane showing windows will ask if you want to extract all files.

Elizabeth23, Mar 9, 2021
  9. Technomaniac

Technomaniac

I think I have unzipped it, but still no print, the document doesn't appear in the print queue window so this morning (It's 10.30 a.m. here) I'll be checking to see if I disabled the print spooler, it might need to be operational... Also last thing I did last night was replace the black ink cartridge. I didn't think HP printers disabled operation if they ran out of ink, but thought I'd try a new cartridge anyway. Another thing I can try is putting the file in the Windows directory, which it isn't now, but it appears to be finding the driver, but maybe not. If I put it in the Windows directory, maybe it will appear in the list of printers found in the installation procedure and maybe I can select it that way, might make a difference. Anyway I have a few things to try before I'm stuck.

Technomaniac, Mar 10, 2021
  10. Technomaniac

Elizabeth23

did you install the printer as per instructions? you should only connect the cable when it tells you .

Elizabeth23, Mar 10, 2021
  11. Technomaniac

Technomaniac

I was thinking it was a driver, when actually it is also a program to install. It doesn't autorun. I was trying to do it from a stick. So now I have copied it onto a CD, which still doesn't autorun, but when I open it up there's a batch file called "install" or similar, which I clicked, and then things looked more like they were intended to be, with a running program. So after that, it gets items into the print queue, but still wont print. So following some instructions that popped up from somewhere, remove it all and start again. I wasn't able to remove the printer icon from the screen, when I went through the procedure, it says it removed it and replaced it with the default printer, which was identical.
    So, ignoring that, I went through the installation procedure again, and this time, nothing appeared in the Print Queue window. So I'll do a few repeats, reboots, etc, and see.

One thing that has me a bit worried is that the indicator led on the printer is blinking. You hold down the button and it extinguishes, but when you press it ON, it's blinking. There's only the one button. Maybe the printer has a problem.

Technomaniac, Mar 10, 2021
  12. Technomaniac

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Mar 11, 2021
  13. Technomaniac

Technomaniac

I think the Onedrive one you sent me. I'll have a look at the one you now suggest. Present problem, it doesn't like the ink cartridges. But I don't think theyre the problem. Although the new one I fitted is not a genuine one, the one that was in the printer when I dug it out of storage brings up the same error message.

I'll try that new link. Thanks.

Technomaniac, Mar 13, 2021
  14. Technomaniac

Technomaniac

The new link is for a Samsung Laser printer. Same model number, but I have an HP 3325. I don't think I will download it. Mine is a bubblejet.

Technomaniac, Mar 14, 2021
  15. Technomaniac

Elizabeth23

everytime I go to the hp website and type in the model number listed in your post it comes up with a samsung link, all I can figure is that samsung has taken over that section of printers. :)

Elizabeth23, Mar 14, 2021
  16. Technomaniac

Technomaniac

Unfortunately the Samsung one is a laser and mine is a bubblejet. Meanwhile I am dealing with more urgent problems, a windows 10 update has caused my Dymo Labelprinter to print blank labels. Dymo knows about the problem and has made available a new driver but it's not working. So I'm in their QUEUE. The update also shuffled my icons, removed some of them, and removed my battery level indicator from my home screen taskbar. We waste so much time with these inferior programs.

Technomaniac, Mar 19, 2021
  17. Technomaniac

Elizabeth23

please give me the product serial number, I have searched and searched and I cannot find a hp bubblejet 3325 , only laser or inkjet, at the hp driver website, it says the 3325 is a samsung laserjet

Elizabeth23, Mar 19, 2021
  18. Technomaniac

Technomaniac

C8949A is the model number. The label on the front says HP deskjet 3325... It is a few years old, they aren't interested anymore. I particularly want to use it because I have spare cartridges, I have done an excellent job of repairing a broken wheel, it takes a minimal space on my cluttered desk, and it uses minimal power, will run through an inverter from my 24 volt solar supply. I really appreciate your help.

Technomaniac, Mar 21, 2021
  19. Technomaniac

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Mar 21, 2021
  20. Technomaniac

Technomaniac

Serial Number TH31N230GW

Technomaniac, Mar 23, 2021
Ask a Question