Print Processor issue with many printers

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Sjorg, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Sjorg

Sjorg

Hi.

I hope i posted in the right place.

I installed the printer Officejet pro 7520 (then tryed also with a officejet 7510) on a PC with Windows XP Pro 32bit.

Downloaded the originel driver from HP. It will install without problems, but the printer doesn't print. Even the test page. When i send a file the print queue show the file for just a few seconds and the disappear like the file is succesfully delivered. But the printer doesnt react.

Then i controlled in the print properties and i discovered that was selected the print processor of MS_XPS (???).

I changed it in "winprint -> RAW", and now, every file i send (also the test page) come out a lot of paper and every page has just a line of text.

- Tryed the configuration it in USB and wireless

- Tryed with hp doctor to reinstall all the software and every possible instruction.

- Removed every old HP software (like the one of the old HP printer that was perfectly working until his last day officejet 7500)

- Tryed sfc /scannow

Every time i reinstall both printers, is selected the wrong print processor by default and changing it wont help

I wanted to try the method five to do a clean full uninstall displayed in this page:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01704046

but the file "gr.uninst.exe" is no longer available.

The printer and PC are from a customer of mine and he need windows xp to run an old software, so he can't change the PC.

There is someone that can help me??

Thankyou

Sjorg, Apr 15, 2019
  2. Sjorg

Elizabeth23

https://support.hp.com/us-en/produc...-in-One-Printer-series/5199461/model/5199462/

have you been to this troubleshooting page?

if not download the entire software installation package, then install and withing this package there should be an option to uninstall

not to many products work with xp and I am sure that HP has no support for xp, I have a canon pixma mx490 which states in the instructions that it is compatible with xp.

Elizabeth23, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Sjorg

Sjorg

Hi Elizabeth23,
    Thankyou for you answer.
    The troubleshooting page ask me to download and install the HP print and scan doctor software and it wont resolve the problem.
    The entire package allow to install other software or add a printer and not to uninstall.

Anyway on the package and on the website is indicated compatibility with Windows xp 32bit sp3.
    Ok that HP can't give support, but the printer should work.....:(

Last thing: we have choosen those models because can print A3.

Maybe the problem is in the installed OS? Two different printers, both installed after a complete uninstall of every old printer and hp software.
    But i can't figure out what to search.

Thankyou

Sjorg, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Sjorg

Elizabeth23

I also have xps printer and canon showing, but the canon has a little check by it to show it is the default printer, what does it show for you under printer and faxes? is it online?

(the xps is generic with install or comes with microsoft office 2003, I will have to check when I next reinstall, as I have never paid attention to this point, :) )

Elizabeth23, Apr 16, 2019
  5. Sjorg

Sjorg

Default printer too. And sure is online.

I think the xps is generic with Windows document writer, but i'm not sure. Me neither never paid attention.:)

Sjorg, Apr 16, 2019
  6. Sjorg

Elizabeth23

just one more thing to check, in the event viewer are there any error messages concerning the printer? if not then go to the below instructions

well, looks like we will have to uninstall again. through the control panel add/remove

reboot

you can do a registry search for printer , with the edit/find function, ensure that each entry you delete is for the printer you want removed.

you can export each entry to a file on your desktop in case you wish to put them back
    or
    you can create a restore point
    or
    you can use ERUNT to back up the registry, I like this better as I have system restore disabled.

reboot, then install again and keep your fingers crossed

Elizabeth23, Apr 16, 2019
Ask a Question