Petition against Microsoft for restore and back Xp

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by Pietro60, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Pietro60

Pietro60

Pietro60, Jun 3, 2019
  2. Pietro60

Elizabeth23

I really hate to say this, but there are many products , vehicles, etc, which are outdated and no longer manufactured, are you going to petition every company everywhere to keep items just because you like them? XP is the best operating system, sure, but Microsoft has the right to say no more just like any other manufacturer. :) :)

Elizabeth23, Jun 4, 2019
    Jody Thornton likes this.
  3. Pietro60

Katie Boundary

no habla taco bell

Katie Boundary, Jun 4, 2019
    WhistlerXPWhistler7 likes this.
  4. Pietro60

Sixthofmay

What I don't understand is why XP was obsoleted. It's a product that millions of folks would prefer to use if it were still easily available. There no technical or financial reason I can see that prevented MS from continuing supporting and developing it. MS could have open sourced it, but they didn't.

At my workplace, we never obsolete products. We even bring back to life products obsoleted 100 years ago by other manufacturers. Whatever our customer needs (in our area of expertise), we provide, sometimes at a loss with the low volume items.

Sixthofmay, Jun 6, 2019
    jim davis and Elizabeth23 like this.
  5. Pietro60

cornemuse

There are prolly a billion bootlegged copies of XP on the planet, every one able to be u/g'd with all u/g's & patches available, at no cost. MS wont keep spending $ with little or no return on it. If they charged, "you know" new, bootlegged, u/g's would end up on the web, for free. Sad. I'd pay, , , , , ,

cornemuse, Jun 6, 2019
    jim davis likes this.
  6. Pietro60

WindowsXPforever

You're basically making more XP vulnerable by doing that. MS will never do that, because it would be a disaster of infected XPs with found vulnerabilities that might never be patched.

WindowsXPforever, Jun 7, 2019
  7. Pietro60

jim davis

Liz its a first, but I disagree to some degree, in the tall paneled halls of heaven
    or the book of life does it say anything other then
    "Do unto others as you would be done by"
    Windows shut down XP to move product, and from there went on to make the most invasive, integrated adult personality eroding "Here give up you god given right to privacy and you get to use a computer" device in the history of the world, and its little wonder we have come this road, as it appears Bill Gates stole it from Steve Jobs, but had not the brains to "Integrate"
    it, so it got its birth in larceny, and moves forward in criminality.

Windows could easily make some accommodation to existing XP users,
    and even sell them, this is 2019, patches cost not 1-100th what they used to
    as even nut case McAfee has pointed out.

MS has become a cheese that stinks.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    jim davis, Jun 9, 2019
  8. Pietro60

jim davis

To a hacker there is no such thing as closed source, which is another reason McAfee sold his anti virus business, as he said "theres no such thing as a safe system, with dark net programs, you can make any use platform you want in 24 hours"

What MS could do is contract it self out of any liability.
    Or even fund a "Enthusiast Group" to do it, but with the new "motherless latch key kid carnivorous mind set" its not gonna happen.

I have watched the net become such a dark, violent, predatory arena since 2000.
    truly, unless i am very careful, its a very soul sucking dry experience every-time i get on the net,

jim davis, Jun 9, 2019
Ask a Question