PC running on Win XP Home Ed. wont boot

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Outburst, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Outburst

Outburst

Hello everyone, I have a dell laptop that was purchased in summer of 2004, we used it for 3-4 years, but started getting BOD, but kept using it until it became impossible then we just bought a new computer. I was doing some cleaning and ran across it(i had forgotten about it). I feel with your expertise the issue can probably be resolved fairly easy....

DELL INSPIRON 8600 15" LAPTOP

WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION

512MB OF RAM, 16G HD

I have the original discs that came with the pc

symptoms....power on and instantly get the dell screen with the taskbar and can into diagnostics or setup but if i dont press an "F" key, i will just continuously get a blank black screen. the monitor does work. I ran diagnostics and monitor passed. the test that did not pass was "MEMORY TEST-FAIL...ERROR CODE 1000-0123...MEMORY INTEGRITY TEST FAILED....60% COMPLETE TEST" pc asked me to insert "drivers and utilities disk"...i did and got "ERROR CODE 2F00:0B1C"......I can provide the rest of the error code info if anyone thinks it would be helpful. we did have McAffee antivirus the whole time we used the pc, FYI.

Their is info on the pc that i would like to have if possible but if we have to wipe the memory then we must.

I have already tried switching the RAM modules to different slots and it didnt make any difference.

Outburst, Feb 18, 2011
Ask a Question