PC can't see DVD-rom unless rebooted sometimes ..

Discussion in 'Windows XP Hardware' started by billy gates, Feb 22, 2015.

1. billy gates

billy gates

I would really like to get his problem fixed ... Scenario:

After a good clean reboot my PC runs fine .. Malbytes can and does detect ( if any) malware .. / My formatted HD's are monthly scandisks and defragged . half are IDE and the other is on Sata cables .. / my virus program (avg 2015 -paid version) says all is good and in the green/ my google chrome browser works instantaneously../ emails / and windows programs all work and open when they are requested .

I get no blue screens at all ( maybe one in 6 months ).., the keyboard never hardly freezes up and is always available even if I have to use alt/control/delete .. the PC works faster than my windows 8 laptop model nearby ..

But MY main problem is- every other day My windows XP PRO can not detect either of my two DVDrom drives- BUT only when I am logged in as me ., IOW.. if I log off and log into my second user (wife)., her explore (left click start button) shows what is sitting in either of those dvdrom rom trays and of course will activate what is in the tray whether it is a cd or dvd or data disc .. and it will work..

I on the othe hand have to shut down or close that open user ( wife) and- then -reboot PC and voila! PC on both users can now 'see' that dvdrom drive .,
    of which I have two: one is dvdrom/ and the other is BD dvdrom ..

Both the dvdrom LG players are relatively new and I feel there is no sense in either physically removing the drives and rebooting ..,,, or manually thur device manager remove the dvdroms as 'they do work' under my other user settings or Log In ..

There has to be a relatively simple solution in fixing this problem... Registry Hack? /// or how about if I remove the two dvdrom drives - restart/ shut down / and set them back on opposite IDE cables .. They are presently sitting at the I and J extension names as my 3 installed HD drives-partitioned are C/D/E/F/G/H and my external HD on a mini jack is sitting at J ... MY PC is Windows XP Professional SP3/ 4 GB Memory/ AMD Radeon HD 7700 series Video Card/2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core.

thanks

billy gates, Feb 22, 2015
Ask a Question