Password problems!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by TBrat674, Sep 7, 2018.

1. TBrat674

TBrat674

We have a Dell Optiplex 170L desktop computer with Windows XP installed. My husband can't remember the password, so I have tried EVERYTHING under the sun to bypass it/change it/etc. I've tried "safe mode", but it always comes up with the password requirement. We just want to get into the computer. How in the WORLD do we do this!!?? There has to be a way!! I don't even care if it erases the hard drive! Please help!

TBrat674, Sep 7, 2018
  2. TBrat674

Elizabeth23

you can boot the Hiren's boot disc and change a password,

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-tips-to-help-you-reset-a-forgotten-windows-xp-password/

above gives some help in changing the password please try all of them

I know pulling the CMOS battery for 5 minutes and replacing will reset a bios password
    ----------------------

if you do not care about the data on the hard drive, then boot to the bios of your pc and choose the boot sequence and change to either a usb or a cd drive, whichever your reinstall media is on, and reinstall your os. that way there will be no passwords at all.

Elizabeth23, Sep 7, 2018
  3. TBrat674

Lockherup

Try CTRL + ALT + DEL at the logon screen and add a new account, if you can't do that there is a boot disk you can make called orp or ophcrack which actually cracks the password file. The 3rd option is a linux boot CD but this is more difficult. The last options is focus, meditate at 400-500mhz and try to remember.

Lockherup, Sep 8, 2018
    Elizabeth23 likes this.
Ask a Question