Out of memory popup

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by blockie, Dec 13, 2013.

1. blockie

blockie

A friend of mine. periodically. gets a popup when she is on the internet that states the computer is almost out of memory. The HHD is 454 GB and 360 is free. She has 4 mb ram. I don't know the SP number. This popup lasts for a minute or two and then disappears. She has not noticed any degradation of the computer. What could be causing this.

blockie, Dec 13, 2013
  2. blockie

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Dec 13, 2013
  3. blockie

blockie

I thought I posted a reply about 2 hours ago, but I guess not.
    I do understand the difference between memory (RAM) and storage. But back to the problem that started this thread.
    The popup she gets has a graph on it and it only appears when she is on the internet. She is using IE on a XP machine.
    In the far reaches of my memory I think I read something about a method of using the settings in IE to fix this. The number 650-6500 was also used somehow. Does anybody know what I am talking about? I would appreciate the internet address of this fix if available or point me in the right direction.

blockie, Dec 14, 2013
  4. blockie

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Dec 14, 2013
Ask a Question