out of date ssl certificates stopping web pages loading

Hi, I have recently recommissioned an old laptop running XP and have a problem with pages not loading due the ssl certificates not being current.
I have copied the certificates from another windows 10 machine as directed in online suggestions which seemed to install on the XP machine ok. However, I am still getting the error message that the pages are not secure. Can anyone help?

Which version of MyPal and which website are you getting security alerts on? MyPal doesn't use Windows' system certificates, it uses its own internal certificates. Check your PC's date/time settings are at the correct time because that will also cause certificate errors.

Hi 29.3 I think

It seems that the alerts stem from Google although I'm not using it to search

Attachments

• 1678813624117704025355390937815.jpg
    1678813624117704025355390937815.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 19
I am out of my league with the topic of certificates. Mostly because though written in English, the nomenclature and syntax confuses me. I'm still pursuing an understanding.

That said, some things I've done regarding firefox:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/setting-certificate-authorities-firefox

"...Starting with version 49, Firefox can be configured to automatically search for and import CAs that have been added to the Windows certificate store by a user or administrator.

Enter “about:config” in the address bar and continue to the list of preferences.
Set the preference "security.enterprise_roots.enabled" to true.
Restart Firefox..."

Last edited:
Back