NT 6.x compatibility shim for XP?

Several months ago, on another forum, I caught some references to a compatibility shim that would allow XP to run programs that would otherwise only run on Vista/7/8/10. Does anyone have more information about this?

Several months ago, on another forum, I caught some references to a compatibility shim that would allow XP to run programs that would otherwise only run on Vista/7/8/10. Does anyone have more information about this?
There is an extended kernel extension for Windows XP called "One-Core-API" That is currently in alpha/beta stage. I do not recommend installing on your main desktop, use a virtual machine or a spare computer that isn't important. :)

There is an extended kernel extension for Windows XP called "One-Core-API" That is currently in alpha/beta stage.

I did notice "one core API" on the Shorthorn website, but a lot of other stuff was mentioned there too, and I couldn't find any clear indication as to which piece of software was the compatibility shim. You're sure that's the one?

I do not recommend installing on your main desktop, use a virtual machine or a spare computer that isn't important. :)

I'm planning on nuking my main desktop's hard drive soon anyway. Might as well run some tests first :)

Back