no sound on laptop

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by shortcircuit123tv, Oct 12, 2013.

1. shortcircuit123tv

shortcircuit123tv

hi i took vista off my laptop and installed xp
    now i have no sound
    can anyone help

shortcircuit123tv, Oct 12, 2013
  2. shortcircuit123tv

tienkhoanguyen

Jesus Christ!

That's usually the problem with Vista laptops. If you install other OS you need the drivers. My Vista laptop needs special drivers otherwise network etc and like you said sound doesn't work. Try something like "slimdriver". It's a driver finder for your system. I think it should work with XP. It's also from Microsoft and should be free.

tienkhoanguyen, Dec 21, 2016
  3. shortcircuit123tv

tienkhoanguyen

Jesus Christ!

Also, Creative the company that makes Sound Blaster makes USB sound drivers.

4. shortcircuit123tv

tienkhoanguyen

Jesus Christ!

Once I installed XP and didn't have a way to connect. No drivers. So I went to a local computer store and bought a "USB wifi adapter". It goes for like $50. You can find it at Fry's BestBuy Walmart etc. Once I had internet I could get all the drivers I wanted online!

The only other free alternative is if you have the original OS you could look up your driver specs for sound network etc and download the 32bit version for your XP you're installing. Once installed just take out the disc with your presaved drivers and wha la!!!

5. Skeleton11223, Mar 1, 2017
  6. shortcircuit123tv

cornemuse

cornemuse, Mar 2, 2017
Ask a Question