No more Metadata

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Will2Z, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Will2Z

Will2Z

Within last week i am not able to get any Metadata with two separate installations of XP.Pro/Media Center Edition.."Find Album Info" is NOT working!!!. Anyone else having same issue lately when trying to rip a C.D.? Maybe Microsucks pulled the servers at windows media.com. Personally, this Stinks! Media Player 9&10 have been favorites of mine for some time now.

Will2Z, Jul 4, 2014
  2. Will2Z

Elizabeth23

Media information might not be available

Media information (such as song titles, artist names, album titles, and album art) might not be available for all items in your library. For information about how to add or edit media information manually, see Windows Media Player Help.

above is quoted from here read through thoroughly.

xp can get up to wmp 11.

================

also read this thread

but I would be leery of disabling my firewall unless you use another firewall.

the thread also talks about resetting IE to clear the problem, you should not be using ie since it no longer gets security updates. switch to firefox and see if the issue still occurs.

===============

Elizabeth23, Jul 4, 2014
  3. Will2Z

Elizabeth23

4. Will2Z

Will2Z

Media Player 9&10 Internet Connection

Hi,I would like to thank Elizabeth for the reply,but NONE of the "tweaks" are working!.I can't even get the Radio Tuner to connect,,let alone inabilty to rip C,D.'s without Metadata...Oh,Well:

Will2Z, Jul 6, 2014
  5. Will2Z

Jojo

M$ are trying to persuade us to buy their latest version of Windows. They are trying to make us all believe that somehow, our lives will be better with a newer version, supplemented by rumours, of insecurities and other problems.

Cutting off support for their media player is a rather obvious step.

First, go into services and turn off Automatic Updates.

Next, download Media Player Classic, with a copy of KLite Codec Pack.

Next download and install a copy of VideoInspector http://www.kcsoftwares.com/?vtb

Jojo, Jul 6, 2014
Ask a Question