No graphics driver appearing; failed downloads

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by nascarfan19, Jan 31, 2018.

1. nascarfan19

nascarfan19

The drive is SATA.

Now here's an interesting thing... I made my way to the AMD website and found there was an area for downloading drivers. I put in the info that matched what I believe I was using the past six months. It wasn't working originally, but on two instances of several tonight, I actually got to a desktop after the BIOS and startup screen. In that process, there was no transition/"Welcome" screen, and it meant about a minute or so of black screen, but on a normal load, it eventually got there with Graphics Adapters showing up in Devices Manager (Belarc will show these in attached photos because I took them after this). My excitedness died down, however, when I realized my program was not retrieving workable dimensions for it to load on (pic also attached). I'm wondering if there's anything to go off here or if I'm going toward a dead end.

IMG_5338.jpg IMG_5339.jpg IMG_5337.JPG

nascarfan19, Feb 17, 2018
  2. nascarfan19

Elizabeth23

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

on the amd website it has a section to auto detect and install did you do this while in safe mode with networking?

I am beginning to believe that your install media is corrupted , you said that you had trouble the last time that you reinstalled from this media?

Elizabeth23, Feb 17, 2018
  3. nascarfan19

Elizabeth23

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    Elizabeth23, Feb 17, 2018
  4. nascarfan19

nascarfan19

Sorry for disappearing (again), I got stressed by a whole medley of things so I took a break from this.

So back to business, I'm not thinking the install media is corrupted. It was my system32 that went corrupt in June and this disk was the fix. But then the screen went black (twice) in less time than I can snap while running my gaming program that I've used on here for 10 years.

Also did not realize the auto-detect was a download rather than a direct-to-web detector... but the program won't run on the computer. I get the error "C:\AMD\Radeon....Setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application."

nascarfan19, Feb 24, 2018
  5. nascarfan19

Elizabeth23

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

I downloaded the program and got the same error message, so am not sure what to do, but on the page above there is a contact link and I think you should contact them so that they can help you find your driver, it could not hurt.

Elizabeth23, Feb 25, 2018
Ask a Question