No Audio device found. VIA realtek

After my friend borrowed my PC i can't get my sound to work. this is the second week im trying to fix it, and i got it fixed once. But after a reboot it says no audio device found...

How do i find this information? I know i can use an search engine, but i have already tried for 2 weeks? i never had problems with my pc that i can't solve but this is so enoying and i cant find any results on google either..

Click Start, Run and in the box enter:

msinfo32

Click OK, and when the System Summary info appears, click Edit, Select All (Ctrl-A), Copy (Ctrl-C) and then paste (Ctrl-V) the information back here in your next reply.
You can edit out any personal information.

above will give me the info I need on make, model and model number

===

to check your services, go to start>run> type in services.msc, and scroll down to windows audio , double click on it and the properties window will open and then you can select automatic and start the service, if it is not already selected. Let me know if the service was already selected.

====

if you did not install the proper drivers, you might get a blue screen, I will need the stop numbers of the blue screen and any files and or program listed in the blue screen.

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DICKSIZE27
System Manufacturer Packard Bell BV
System Model iXtreme J2869
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 2 GenuineIntel ~2128 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD W7301VP2.308, 2007-02-05
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale Sweden
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5687 (xpsp_sp3_qfe.080930-1426)"
User Name DICKSIZE27\DickSize33
Time Zone W. Europe Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 4*096,00 MB
Available Physical Memory 2,06 GB
Total Virtual Memory 2,00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1,96 GB
Page File Space 4,78 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Last edited:
2gxqtki.jpg

From what I have read this is a bad component error

did you do a system restore?

have you run scans with your antivirus??

0x1000007e: Numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Your error points to atikvmag.dll, which appears to be an ATI/video driver file, provided you have an ATI chipset or card.

from here

EDIT:

you should uninstall the sound driver and then reboot and then install the correct driver that you would get from the manufacturer's site in my previous reply

==

--

Last edited:
graphic card and my ram memorys is only what is changed i think.. it was my friend who changed it but it worked when he had the pc.. i cant find my model on the website either...

You can use either the serial number or the SNID to identify your computer when contacting Packard Bell for technical assistance. The serial number has twenty-two characters (numbers and letters).
The SNID has eleven numbers.

do you have either of these numbers

faq_01.jpg

another area to check is .. if you have a video/sound card installed.. this means there are 'two' areas of where to plug in the green end of the mindjack the other being the main motherboard .., .. I have found myself many times of where I have removed the wiring to transport the box .. then plugged in the minijack to the wrong audio input ..

easy to do easy to check and easy to fix ...

Back