No access to the net

Hello all,
Thank you for allowing me to join. I haven’t had a PC running XP since , W7 . But one does miss the XP days
Recently I purchased a PC from 2004 , running XP .
After replacing the CMOS all works well, almost
I’m using the supplied IE to access the net.
I have set Google had the home page. When I type eBay for example , various hits are displayed. When one is selected , the message informing you have no internet connection appears.
I’m ware it’s a 24 year old O/S , but any tips to address would be appreciated.
Thank you
PS, I installed a version of Firefox from this time, still have the same problem, so I guess it’s not software , plus a pinged the BBC

Attachments

• IMG_1348.jpeg
    IMG_1348.jpeg
    302.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1349.jpeg
    IMG_1349.jpeg
    308.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1350.jpeg
    IMG_1350.jpeg
    285.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1351.jpeg
    IMG_1351.jpeg
    450 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1352.jpeg
    IMG_1352.jpeg
    403.6 KB · Views: 35
You have internet access because Google works. You need updated browser to access the internet with XP.

MyPal 68:

https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal68/releases

360Chrome:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/185049-arcticfoxienotheretoplaygames-360chrome-v1352044-rebuild-2/

You won't be able to download them with XP - you'll have to use another computer then copy them to your XP PC.

I hope you're not one of those users that joins only to have a question answered and never post again. I tend to ignore new users for this reason.

Thank you for the reply and help, much appreciated. I will follow your advice .

And no, Im not one of those users that joins only to have a question answered and never post again

Hi, thank you for the support.
I downloaded the browsers, sadly I was unable to locate an install folder. There were various files, but none were an application.
I have not installed any of the service packs, due to conflicts with the Sony media software. I'm assuming this is the reason ?

Hello, I followed your advice , this message appears
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_1361.jpeg
    IMG_1361.jpeg
    380.4 KB · Views: 25
Hello, I followed your advice , this message appears
Thank you

That message appears when a software is not compatible with your Windows version. To be honest I haven't encountered a software for XP that would work in XP without service pack but wouldn't work on XP with a service pack. After some time many softwares requires at least Service Pack 2 to work. Maybe there's something else that prevents that Sony software from working with a Service Pack.

Back