No acces to my documents

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by DellXP, Dec 26, 2021.

1. DellXP

DellXP

Hi everyone ! :)

I have a blue screen on my main PC with Windows XP SP3, i have to reinstall Windows, but first I want to recover my documents which are on my hard drive.

So I installed this hard drive as a second drive on another PC with Windows XP SP3, but when I want to access my documents (F: \ Documents and settings \ Admin) windows denies me access by telling me "the access is not allowed". :(

I tried to access it in safe mode but with no more success... :(

Anyone have a solution?

Thank you.;)

DellXP, Dec 26, 2021
  2. DellXP

red Guest

did you try a system restore on the drive before you removed it ? also i think that due to both comps having xp will be the error problem, i think you will need 7 and then use the xp as 2nd drive,you will then be able to recover items from the drive

also a free recovery tools can be found at major geeks or internet archive

long live xp:)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2021
    red, Dec 26, 2021
  3. DellXP

DellXP

Thank you for your answer. :)

I found the solution, my files were blocked because the access rights were assigned to my session on my other computer.

I followed this tutorial ( In french http://www.6ma.fr/tuto/resoudre-les-problemes-dacces-refuses-sur-xp/ ) to reassign the rights to my documents on this computer, and I was able to access it again. ;)

DellXP, Dec 29, 2021
Ask a Question