Nintendo is in a position to kill Microsoft

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by eatup, Sep 27, 2015.

1. eatup

eatup

Nintendo is in a position to kill Microsoft. They're doing the same thing as Microsoft, but on the gaming side. They've got their own console OS, an SDK to allow third party developers to develop/port games to their system, plus they've got years of experience on the hardware side dealing with GPU/CPU and accessory components like USB.

I can see it now, when the console gaming market dies off in a few short years, Nintendo will be left struggling with what to do next. Thus will be born the Nintendo PC, both a full-fledge computer and gaming system. And instead of the next Super Mario/Smash Brothers, all they need is one team to create a software development kit ala .NET frame work style, possibly the Smash Brothers Brawl team would be most suited for this task. And the other team that normally works on the next Mario Bros. title, that team instead goes on to create Mario Office. And bam, you've got a killer computing platform ready to replace MSFT/Intel!

IMHO MSFT sucks. XP was their best work. I'd rather take my next computing platform to a third party, such as this hypothetical Nintendo PC...

eatup, Sep 27, 2015
  2. eatup

eatup

Also, imagine this --- the Nintendo DS PC notebook. Instead of the regular touchpad, you have a second (smaller) display there that is touch sensitive. How cool would that be!?!?

Now, what if the touchpad was removable so that when you take it out, you get a portable pocket gaming system. That, my friend, would be the end of Intel too!

Intel currently gives me the creeps. They're so greedy to be the top player, they're willing to sacrifice human lives. All new Intel CPUs will come with built-in WiGig to nuke you with hazardous 60GHz radiation. Remember when they said cell phones gave ppl brain cancer? That was when those phones were only operating at 2.4GHz. Now imagine the effects at many times (smaller) that wavelength!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
    eatup, Sep 27, 2015
  3. eatup

eatup

Now, as to why Nintendo hasn't already done any of these things... They're currently too busing emulating Disney what with all this Amiibo figurines crap. They're too busy to figure out that ppl are getting sick of this Micro_Intel crap where performance is degraded with each generation as the sole method to sell new hardware. They're too busy to realize Macs and iPads are only for hipsters who don't know any better. They're too busy to realize that Linux is free and that comes with a price (monitor your Linux setup closely near every midnight and you'll see the kind of traffic that goes out from your computer to the world).

They're too busy to realize there's an unfilled need in the market that could mean billions of dollars from ppl like me, who have multiple XP hardware that can last well into the next couple of decades waiting on the death of Windows as the most awful bloated system ever created, apart from XP of course!

eatup, Sep 27, 2015
  4. eatup

eatup

Now, if anyone were to ask me if Enterprise might even consider taking up a Mario Office suite, here's my answer:

We already have Mario Teaches Typing. It won't do any harm to let the staff have a little bit of fun while doing useful work. In fact, it might increase productivity (and morale) rather than diminish it.

Now, imagine you're the manager of some sort of corporate team and you must choose to implement between Mario Office and the next installment of Microsoft Office. If you choose the former, you might even be seen as the cool, fun-loving type by the staff, rather than the boring, cranky, anal-retentive type had you gone with the MSO suite...

eatup, Sep 27, 2015
  5. eatup

Aunty Jack

Adelaide, in my dreams as my wife tells me.
    Eatup,

Thou art a prophet of hope.

Yes, I can see the OS you are extolling.

We all realise that we spend more time doing cleanup,s, registry repairs, disk clean, and more and more than actually using our PC's for the purpose we actually have a PC.

Microsoft, you have changed from being a faithful servant (Windows 2000 Professional and XP) to being a high maintenance, expensive, demanding mistress.

The groundwork is already there with Nintendo.

More power to your arm Eatup.

Cheers,

Mark. (Aunty Jack).

Aunty Jack, Sep 28, 2015
  6. eatup

eatup

"Thou art a prophet of hope."

That I am.

"More power to your arm Eatup."

Without getting it "bloody ripped off", I hope...

eatup, Sep 28, 2015
  7. eatup

Aunty Jack

Adelaide, in my dreams as my wife tells me.
    Eatup thou portent of hope,

I would not, "rip ya bloody arm off" even in jest.

Strange, in all the years I have been meddling with PC's I have never got into the gaming scene.

Well, the original Doom, Hexen, Heretic and Wolfenstein in the DOS days.

I am more the take position in a Ghillie suit, sight in on the designated objective, and exercise, "extreme prejudice". As I did say a while ago, things that will eat your soul.

Still, now I have a half decent machine I might look at some gaming/simulation/FPS things.

Your arms are safe.

Cheers,

Mark. (Aunty Jack).

Attached Files:

Aunty Jack, Sep 28, 2015
  8. eatup

eatup

Never could get into Doom, though I hear it's widely praised. Hexen, what's that a sequel to Heretic? Now, Wolfenstein, it was the only FPS game I'd cared to beat back in the days. IMHO Wolfie was the game that started it all (the FPS craze that is). All I see in them modern shooters are glorified versions of Wolfenstein 3D, except the enemies can range from Aliens to Demons, and you need a 3D card to actually render them beautifully...

(Btw, glad to know my arms are safe).

eatup, Sep 28, 2015
  9. eatup

Termingamer2-JD

The FPS craze unfortunately has led to degrading game quality over the years (see: Call of Duty since MW3)

I think gaming on consoles isn't like the old times. There's not so many secret stuff as in the old games, and the graphics are gritty and brown in most modern games.

Nintendo should replace Microsoft. We'd still have a keyboard, one side of each other, so it's not an iPad at all, at least. Although unfortunately we'd have no emulation of the SNES unless we bought the games ourselves and auto-updating to the latest firmware, but Nintendo can do better than Windows 10.

Termingamer2-JD, Oct 11, 2015
  10. eatup

eatup

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/nintendo-nx-2016-launch-report-1.3274574

Add the ability to create my own apps. Throw in a blue-tooth keyboard, web browser, basic file system and Micro-Intel can kiss their arses good bye!

IMHO they need to bring the famicom part back into their systems.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    eatup, Oct 17, 2015
  11. eatup

Termingamer2-JD

YES.

Nintendo will hopefully bring it back, and PS4/XB1 can die, because both of those are just made to satisfy the 'online gaming pr0f35510n47' - those who only play a game for its graphics.

Termingamer2-JD, Oct 18, 2015
Ask a Question