New user account created - Old one lost.

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by akashgreene, Aug 29, 2016.

1. akashgreene

akashgreene

Hi.

I'm using Toshiba laptop running Windows X P. Just created a new user account with administrator rights inside the sole 'Administrator' account, and logged off.

On the logon screen or pane, I can now see only the new user account, but not the original Administrator herself. All her files are however intact inside C -> Documents and Settings -> Administrator.

How to get both Administrator as well as the New User on my logon pane ? The original Administrator was someone else, who requires to work on her own Desktop, since she needs to navigate to the file of her intent with ease, rather than via the New User's C -> Documents and Settings -> Administrator path.

Kindly help.

akashgreene, Aug 29, 2016
  2. akashgreene

Elizabeth23

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/admins.htm

great instructions to follow at the above site.
    ============

NOTE: NEVER use the built in admin account as a user account, this is a safeguard to fix other accounts and system errors.!!!!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    Elizabeth23, Aug 29, 2016
Ask a Question