New Forum User, XP diehard

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by toppbob, Aug 12, 2020.

1. toppbob

toppbob

I am a diehard XP user, not because I have really old hardware, but that I have been unable to like the later versions of Windows. I used Vista and Win7 for several years at work never completely liked either one. I tried a Win10 install lately, took three tries to get it to work, it works now but has already developed some issues, also i have too much older software that it doesn't like. I know I have to keep one machine running on 7 or later to do certain things.
    What I am trying to learn here from others is how to prolong the lifespan of XP on the newest hardware as I am trying to build a new AMD Ryzen with SSD
    Hoping to get some support info here.Not a gamer but do a lot of video conversions.,

toppbob, Aug 12, 2020
  2. toppbob

ClippyBeer

3. toppbob

toppbob

Thanks for the info, making it work may be more than I can handle. Your eluding to things i had not thought of.

Probably should have upgraded the memory on my A75/5400K XP. Do the Hal /Kernel patches for memory over 4G really work.

Thanks again

toppbob, Aug 15, 2020
  4. toppbob

Compaq_8200_Elite

I use XP 64 on a Compaq Elite 8200 I7-2600 8gb ram + a SSD hard drive.
    I do a lot of video conversions with TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5.
    PerfectDisk 13 Pro optimizes the SSD drive.
    I can also boot it into XP 32 bit

Compaq_8200_Elite, Aug 23, 2020
Ask a Question