new builds of XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP Installation and Setup' started by algusev, Oct 19, 2020.

1. algusev

algusev

It is rather possible, that I shall have to setup XP on modern PC. Please write me, where can I find new builds to try?

algusev, Oct 19, 2020
  2. algusev

ClippyBeer

Before you even think about installing XP make sure the PC has XP drivers available (check the manufacturer's website). If there are none then don't waste your time, especially if it is a newer PC.

There are no newer builds of XP espectially since Microsoft disabled updates for XP. Hopefully you can find a legit copy on Ebay or Amazon but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

ClippyBeer, Oct 19, 2020
  3. algusev

flavallee Guest

I doubt you will be able to install Windows XP SP3 32-bit in a computer that's newer than 3rd generation.

flavallee, Oct 19, 2020
  4. algusev

hoobeeyoo

not sure of this but,

if i do a re-install of XP i deactivate the AUTO UPDATE utility in the CP as well as in Services. it is done by me, automatically.

recently-ish, that detail was forgotten to be done.

also, there was no icon in sys tray letting me know of the updates status...

a reboot was needed.

at reboot, a bold message stating 'do not shut down ur pc, updates in progress'

~ 220 or there about

the second time rebbot needed, 100 + approximately were installed.

hoobeeyoo, Dec 12, 2020
Ask a Question