Networking and Samba bug?

Discussion in 'Windows XP Networking' started by l3lu, Jun 18, 2012.

1. l3lu

l3lu

Hey there, at my clients office I have the server set up with a customized (by me) Fedora Server. I am using Samba so that everyone can access the network shared folders. It works flawlessly, however there is one employee that have some strange issue.

What is happening, he will be connected to the network but randomly get's disconnected. I think it is when he is turning off his computer and then powering it on the next day. To fix this I would go to Network>right-click it>disconnect from Network Map then obvious reconnect and target the network drive.

Strange thing though he should just have one network map but I would see four randomly? Any ideas?

l3lu, Jun 18, 2012
  2. l3lu

l3lu

Never mind people, geez have to figure everything out.

Turns out the employee is impatient, when at the welcome screen he logs in then immediatly goes to the network folders. However, since he has a very large amount of crap on his desktop it overwelms the daemon and it looks like Windows loads the Network Shares last.

If he just takes some time to chill and let the old computer load, he has no issue accessing the Samba Share folders.

l3lu, Jun 18, 2012
Ask a Question