network adaptor card needed

Discussion in 'Windows XP Hardware' started by GreggGJG, Aug 13, 2015.

1. GreggGJG

GreggGJG

The Ethernet connection does not work on my Compaq Presario SR1030NX . I was told a network adaptor card would solve the problem but I don’t know what to buy or where to buy it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
    Gregg

Many thanks,
    Gregg

GreggGJG, Aug 13, 2015
  2. GreggGJG

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Aug 13, 2015
  3. GreggGJG

GreggGJG

I don't think it is the drivers. A couple of times in the past when the connection was not working I would lightly jiggle the cable where it plugged into the back of my computer and it would work fine. I tried a brand new cable too. Thanks for your suggestion.

Gregg

GreggGJG, Aug 14, 2015
  4. GreggGJG

Elizabeth23

okay, let me know if you have further questions, you will have to ensure that the replacement will fit into your pc.

Elizabeth23, Aug 14, 2015
  5. GreggGJG

GreggGJG

I checked out a dozen or so websites,mosly drivers were offered only one offered parts and they did not have any network adaptors. Not sure where to go next.

Thanks for you help, if you get any more ideas please let me know. I was considering buying a refurbished or used desktop with XP operating system but was cautioned against it by a couple of people.

Thanks again
    Gregg

GreggGJG, Aug 16, 2015
  6. GreggGJG

uawret

Greg
    Go to newegg . com (no space) and search for pci network adapter there is one there for $8.xx

Joe

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
    uawret, Aug 16, 2015
  7. GreggGJG

uawret

Greg

Go to newegg. com (no space) search pci ethernet adapter. there is one for $8.??

Joe

uawret, Aug 16, 2015
  8. GreggGJG

uawret

I have to post one more time to send a link
    So here goes
    Joe

uawret, Aug 16, 2015
  9. GreggGJG

uawret

uawret, Aug 16, 2015
  10. GreggGJG

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Aug 17, 2015
  11. GreggGJG

uawret

Hi Greg

The specs show that Ethernet in integrated on Mobo. You have two PCI expansion slots.
    So you can buy a refurbished Mob, buy a new Mobo, buy a refurbished computer or buy a network adapter

Hope I didn't step on anyone's toes If I did I am very sorry

Joe

uawret, Aug 17, 2015
  12. GreggGJG

Elizabeth23

no problemo :)

Elizabeth23, Aug 17, 2015
  13. GreggGJG

EthanStark

ASUS 4×4 AC3100 PCIe Adapter (PCE-AC88)

As a brand new release for 2016, the new ASUS 4×4 AC3100 PCIe Adapter (PCE-AC88) provides all of the “bells and whistles” while showcasing the best performance we’ve ever seen. Utilizing the latest 802.11ac chipset, it relies on dual bands to deliver speeds up to AC3100 through the 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz channels. As an improvement over the incredible popular and widely trusted PCE-AC68 (the next recommendation on our list), the new PCE-AC88 uses a never before seen, brand new 4×4 antenna for a 60% improvement in available speeds.

Asus PCE-AC88

The antenna is to be setup and configured in an external fashion to allow the magnetic base to amplify and efficiently communicate with your router and other wireless devices that are a part of your WiFi network. It’s arranged in a unique 4×4 design with four-transmit and four-receiving antennas to clearly and almost effortlessly provide a drastic improvement over literally any other PCI-e WiFi adapter currently on the market. Additionally, the antenna is flexible in its design so it can be mounted incredibly easily with a built-in magnet on the bottom.

Asus PCE-AC88

If you aren’t a fan of the external antenna design, you always have the option to remove the individual antennas from the external antenna base and screw them individually onto the adapter itself. This lets you hide the antennas so they’re sticking out of the back of your PC case, rather than place them on a wall, on your desk, etc.

Asus PCE-AC88

Although it holds the same “red heatsink” style that you may have already seen in the past, the ASUS 4×4 AC3100 PCIe Adapter seems to handle heat and high-load capacities with ease. It’s a customized heatsink that’s been specially crafted for the unique 4×4 antenna design. All damaging heat will effectively dissipate with passive cooling – no need for any specialized fans or moving air.

Asus PCE-AC88

Compatibility is another key component that should be examined. Needless to say, this adapter works wonderfully with virtually any modern-day build that’s using Windows 7 or higher. Installation is a breeze too. There isn’t much prior experience or tech-know-how that’s needed to get it installed, configured and up and running for the first time. No drivers are necessarily required, unless you’re trying to use it on Linux or an obscure operating system. Plug and play installation makes it an easy upgrade for anyone to make, no matter how “tech-savvy” they actually are.

Ethan Stark
    https://www.clouddesktoponline.com/

EthanStark, Jun 22, 2017
Ask a Question