Netframework 1.1 SP1 will not stop updating!

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by jackdashack, May 19, 2015.

1. jackdashack

jackdashack

I keep getting this update reminder on my netbook XP to update Netframework 1.1 SP1. As far as I see it's already there, unless this is a new update for it. Please, no reminders XP is not longer supported. In fact, there is a small simple hack to get updates until 2019. And it's been working for me and 2 other XP machines.

However I try to install it and it doesn't install. Some other place said delete it and try the update. I can't even delete it. Windows will not allow me. So for the present I have shut off Updates and hid the Security icon on the tasktray that trys to bug me.

Anyone know how to resolve this issues or point me where it's discussed for a resolution. Many places I have gone just yak about it and hit and miss. I've found no real solving. I have even gone to the MS Update website and told update to forget about this, do not remind me. That's doesn't work! Thanks for any suggestions. ":-\ :confused:

jackdashack, May 19, 2015
  2. jackdashack

Elizabeth23

it might be a problem resulting from the registry hack to add POS updates.

but the only time I had a problem with net framework, I just cleaned it all off the pc and then reinstalled .net

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=d7389b68b3a275ad

above is my onedrive and in the public files are files numbered 1-2-3-4, download and run in order, for 2 you will have to be connected to the internet and when the download is complete it will prompt you to disconnect from the internet.

also you may get a dialog box saying that some programs were installed after .net, just say okay since you will be reinstalling .net again it will cover those programs.

once complete you will have to go to Microsoft updates and do a high priority to get all the updates for .net

.net's are very lengthy, also, some need to be installed when shutdown occurs, NOT a restart, you can tell by going to start/turnoff computer/ and if there is a little icon shield on the turnoff button, then you need to shutdown and it will install, be very patient. :)

Elizabeth23, May 20, 2015
  3. jackdashack

jackdashack

I tried uninstalling the netframework 1.1 but it would not allow me to. But I will save your solution and try to run it. Also the updates have been comeing along just fine. MS is making them for a select few. This registry hack just simply allows an XP machine to take advantage also. This is the only issue. Many updates have been all successful. Thanks so much! jack ":-Dx

jackdashack, May 20, 2015
  4. jackdashack

Elizabeth23

it might also be due to the fact that MS no longer uses .net 1.1,

the files I have will install it, but it is not really needed.

I am not sure why it is saying you need it
    in Add/Remove, what is listed under .net???

Elizabeth23, May 20, 2015
Ask a Question